- If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Mix the chopped tomato, garlic, red chilli, chopped herbs and lime juice together to make the dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thread the pepper, courgette, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and onion onto the skewers, with about one of each ingredient on each skewer.
- Mix the olive with a twist of salt and black pepper and brush some of the mixture over the vegetables.
- Preheat grill to a medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Cook skewers until vegetables are tender, turning and basting with the olive oil, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Spoon the Mexican dressing over the skewers.
If BBQ is not an option, the vegetable skewers can be cooked in an oven preheated to 250C for 20 minutes, following the same method.