Serves: 2 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
A Chinese takeaway classic you can make at home for half the price and double the pride! Quick, tasty, and effortless!
From Your Shopping List
- 100g medium egg noodles (dried or ‘ready to wok’)
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 50ml Coca-Cola Zero Sugar
- 200g frozen mixed vegetables
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce (optional)
- If using dried noodles, cook according to the packet instructions and drain. If using fresh noodles set to the side until later.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok or a heavy frying pan over a high heat. Cook the onions for 2-3 minutes, until starting to colour.
- Add the garlic and chilli flakes (if using) and cook for less than a minute.
- Add the frozen vegetables and Coca-Cola Zero Sugar, and cook according to the time indicated on the packet.
- Add the noodles, the soy sauce and oyster sauce if using. Stir everything together, and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and serve, with additional soy sauce as desired.
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!