Serves: 2 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
All of the flavour, none of the meat. This is a perfect meal which will satisfy the taste buds of vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. Dig in!
From Your Shopping List
- 250g mixed frozen vegetables
- 2 tins kidney beans, drained
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- Chopped fresh coriander to garnish (optional)
- 2 level tsps chilli powder
- 2 tsps brown sauce
- 1 dessert spoon gravy granules
- Olive oil for frying
- Salt and black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, add the onions and cook till starting to soften.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute, stirring to make sure it doesn’t stick.
- Add the chilli powder to the pan and cook for a minute while stirring.
- Add the can of tomatoes and the brown sauce, bring to the boil. Add gravy granules to the pot and stir to make a smooth sauce.
- Add the frozen vegetables to the pot, bring back to the boil and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the drained kidney beans, bring back to the boil and check for seasoning. Serve in a bowl and sprinkle the chopped coriander on top to garnish, if using.
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!
Allergen info: Mixed frozen vegetables may contain celery, check ingredients on pack.