Serves: 2 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
This one-pot wonder is sure to brighten up your day! Plant-based and wholesome, with all the colours of the rainbow and a taste to match. Each spoonful, a pot of gold!
From Your Shopping List
- 4 small red onions, peeled and quartered
- 150g salad potatoes, peeled
- 150g carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 heads of fennel, cut into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 chilli, seeded and chopped
- 250ml white wine (optional)
- 150g green beans
- 200g mushrooms, halved
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Small bunch chopped chives
- Small bunch chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300ml boiling water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Salt and black pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in a large saucepan or flameproof casserole, add the onions and cook at a medium heat for 5 minutes until starting to turn golden.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the pot, and then add the potatoes, carrots and fennel. Cook for 5 minutes, and add the minced garlic and chilli. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Dissolve the stock cube in 300ml of boiling water, add to the saucepan, and bring back up to the boil. Add the wine (if using, otherwise add an addition 250ml of water). Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the beans and mushrooms to the saucepan, bring back up to the boil and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Add the lemon juice and taste for seasoning.
- Serve in a deep bowl and sprinkle over the parsley and chives.
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!
Allergen info: Vegetable stock may contain celery, so not suitable for someone with a celery allergy.