Serves: 2 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
Quick and delicious. Italian cuisine has never been simpler to master. This dish is sure to put a spring in your step on those much-too-busy days.
From Your Shopping List
- 160g dried spaghetti
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Small handful basil leaves, shredded (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water with a teaspoon of salt to the boil.
- Add the pasta, ensuring that it is all covered in water.
- Refer to pack instructions for cooking time.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan, add the garlic and cook gently at a medium-low heat for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and chilli flakes (optional). Cook until the tomatoes are heated through and turn off the heat.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a tablespoon of the cooking water.
- Add the basil leaves to pasta sauce (optional)
- Add the pasta to the sauce, tossing it so that it coats the pasta. Add some of the cooking water if it needs to be loosened further.
- Divide between two plates and serve.
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!