Serves: 2 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
From Your Shopping List
- 200ml soy sauce
- 80ml honey
- 20g ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tsp vegetable oil
- In a small saucepan, simmer soy sauce and honey at a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add grated ginger and garlic and reduce sauce for a further 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place chicken breasts on a cutting board and cover in clingfilm. Use a mallet or frying pan to pound chicken breasts to ½ inch thickness. Once pounded, slice into inch wide pieces. Season with pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large frying pan, place the chicken in pan for 3 minutes without flipping. Then, flip and cook for a further 3 minutes until browned on both sides.
- Reduce heat, pour Teriyaki sauce (soy and honey) over the cooked chicken. Stir to coat chicken entirely and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced scallions.
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!