Serves: 2 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
No summer BBQ or outdoor dining is complete without a summer salad so why not whip one up that’s both easy to make and delicious to eat.
From Your Shopping List
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 200g frozen, diced mixed vegetables
- 2 eggs, boiled
- 4 streaky rashers
- ½ head iceberg or butter lettuce, broken into leaves
- 1 tbsp French or Italian salad dressing
- Squeeze of
fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- Salt and black pepper
- Tabasco (optional)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan with water, add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil over a high heat. Boil until tender, 20 to 30 minutes, and drain in a colander.
- When cool, cut the potatoes into cubes.
- Cook the mixed frozen vegetables according to the instructions on the packet, drain and allow to cool.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Add a little olive oil to the pan, allow to heat up and fry the streaky rashers until they are crispy. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
- Peel the boiled eggs and cut in half.
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the salt and pepper, and add the Tabasco and a squeeze of lemon juice (optional). Add the diced vegetables and potatoes and stir gently until everything is coated.
- Toss the salad leaves in the French or Italian salad dressing.
- To assemble the salad, put some lettuce into the bottom of an individual bowl, spoon on the vegetable salad, place the two halves of the egg on top of this, and finish with two crispy slices of rasher.
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!