For the sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Bring to the boil and reduce heat to simmer for 5-10 minutes, until slightly reduced and thickening.
- Store in an airtight container, and use once cooled.
For the chicken:
- Toss the chicken drumsticks in 3-4 tbsp of the BBQ sauce.
- Place the chicken drumsticks on a well-oiled BBQ at a medium heat.
- Turn frequently, until the chicken is browned and sticky on the outside. This should take approximately 20 minutes.
- Move the chicken off the direct heat on the BBQ to cook further for another 5-10 minutes, brushing each drumstick with some additional BBQ sauce.
- Check that the chicken is fully cooked before serving. You can do this by cutting into one of the drumsticks and making sure the chicken juices run clear and that the meat at the centre is piping hot. Refer to pack instructions for recommended cooking times.
- Serve piping hot, with some additional BBQ sauce on the side.
If BBQ is not an option, chicken drumsticks can be baked in the oven in a well-oiled baking tin on a medium heat following the same method.