Serves: 2 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
From Your Shopping List
- 500g steak pieces
- 1 x 500g mixed pack of carrot and parsnip
- 1 x large onion
- 3 x celery sticks
- 1 x leek
- 175g mushrooms sliced
- 200g pack of bacon
- 3 x sprigs of thyme
- 1 x 320g pack of ready-made puff pastry (defrosted)
- 2 x beef stock cubes
- 1 x egg
- 4 tsp gravy granules
- Peel and dice the onion, carrot and parsnip. Wash and slice the leeks and celery.
- Cut the bacon into small squares.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a pot over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the steak pieces and bacon pieces. Sear until golden brown, add the onion and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Dissolve the beef stock cubes in one litre water following the directions on pack. Add the stock to the pot and cook for a further 30 minutes until the steak pieces begin to become tender.
- Add the remaining vegetables to the pot and cook for further 15 minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms and thyme.
- Add gravy granules to thicken the mixture and place in a casserole dish.
- Roll out the defrosted puff pastry to a size that will cover the casserole dish. Prick all over with a fork to allow steam to evaporate.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and add 2 tbsp of milk. Mix together. Brush the top of the puff pastry with the egg and milk mixture.
- Place in an oven at Gas Mark 6 / 220 degrees until the pie lid is golden brown.
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!