Serves: 2 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
Try adding a little bit of spice to your regular cottage pie. A real midweek hero - this dish is perfect to reheat again the next day. Did somebody say seconds?
From Your Shopping List
- 200g sausages (approx. 6)
- 400g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (optional)
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 level tsp gravy granules
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
- Put the potatoes in a pot of water with a touch of salt, bring to the boil and cook until soft. Strain the potatoes and place back in the pot. Add the butter, salt and pepper to taste, and mash until smooth. Set to one side to use for mash topping later.
- Blanch the frozen vegetables by pouring boiling water over them and strain.
- Put the 1 tsp olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, when hot, add the sausage pieces and fry until brown and nearly cooked through. Remove from the pan.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan, add the onions and cook at a moderately low heat for 5-8 minutes until starting to turn golden.
- Dissolve the stock cube in the boiling water and add to the pan with the Worcestershire sauce, brown sauce and ketchup. Add the gravy granules to thicken the sauce, add the vegetables, bring up to the boil and cook for 2 minutes, then add the sausage.
- Spoon the sausage mixture into individual ramekins or a casserole dish, top with the mashed potatoes, and use a fork to create a lattice design. Scatter over the grated cheese.
- Cook in the oven until the top starts to turn golden, 15-20 minutes.
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!
Allergen info: Worcestershire Sauce contains fish.