Serves: 2 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
From Your Shopping List
- 4 x gammon steaks
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1 tb dry jerk seasoning
- 330ml of Coca-Cola
- 1 tbsp ground black peppercorns
- 100g cup Demerara sugar
- Take the 4 gammon steaks and gently rub with the jerk seasoning and leave to the side.
- Remove the top and the outer skin of the pineapple, remove the core and cut into chunky wedges.
- In a small pot, add the Coca-Cola and demerara sugar. Cook until it forms a syrup consistency and remove from the heat. Add the ground black peppercorns.
- Add the olive oil to a pan over medium heat, add the gammon steaks and cook for 3-4 minutes on both sides until golden brown. Remove the gammon steaks from the pan and wrap in tinfoil to keep warm.
- Add the pineapple to the same pan you used to cook the gammon and cook for 1-2 minutes on both sides until brown. Place on top of the gammon and keep in the tin foil to keep warm.
- Place the gammon steak topped with pineapple on a plate. Drizzle the Coca-Cola syrup over the gammon and pineapple.
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!