Serves: 2 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
Quick and tasty, this minimal effort, 2-pot risotto dish comes with flexible ingredients based on what’s already in your kitchen! No mess, no stress!
From Your Shopping List
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 150g bacon rashers, cut into small pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 200g frozen peas
- ½ vegetable stock cube
- 1 packet quick cook white rice
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- 150ml boiling water
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onions and bacon pieces and cook at a medium heat for 5 minutes until the onions are starting to turn golden.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Dissolve ½ a vegetable stock cube in 150ml boiling water and add to the pan.
- Add the frozen peas to the pan, bring up to the boil and cook for the length of time indicated on the pack.
- Add the rice to the pan, stir well and cook for the length of time indicated on the pack.
- Add the cherry tomatoes if using, and stir gently into the risotto. Add the lemon juice and stir again.
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!