Serves: 2 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
Perfect for a busy day. This pasta dish is a quick and easy way to add home-made deliciousness to your week.
From Your Shopping List
- 160g dried spaghetti or linguine
- 75g pancetta or smoked streaky bacon, cut into 1cm strips
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 20ml dry white wine (optional)
- 250g cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 50g Parmesan or Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil for frying
- Salt and black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water with a teaspoon of salt to the boil.
- Add the pasta, ensuring that it is all covered in water.
- Cook according to the instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan, add the pancetta (or bacon), onion, and chilli (if using). Cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the wine to the pan (if using), followed by the tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are heated through and turn off the heat.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a tablespoon of the cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, tossing it so that it coats the pasta. Add some of the cooking water if it needs to be loosened further. Taste for seasoning, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide between two plates and top with the grated Parmesan or Cheddar.
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!