Serves: 2 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
Italian deliciousness, all in one pot! This fish stew is heavenly. Perfect for impressing friends and family as a tasty Saturday sit-down meal.
From Your Shopping List
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 bulbs of fennel, trimmed and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 fresh red chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 bunch of basil, leaves removed, stalks chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, sliced
- 4 anchovy filets (optional)
- 250ml white wine (optional)
- 1 fish or vegetable stock cube
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 400g firm white fish, eg cod or haddock, in 3cm pieces, skin and bones removed
- 400g prawns
For the basil aioli
- Leaves from the bunch of basil
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and minced
- 300g mayonnaise
- ½ lemon
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 800ml boiling water
- Salt and black pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a saucepan, add the onion and fennel and cook gently at a medium-low heat for 10 minutes until slightly softened. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chilies, basil stalks, celery and anchovies (optional), and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the wine to the saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes (optional).
- Dissolve the stock cube in the boiling water and add to the saucepan with the chopped tomatoes.
- Bring back to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Add the fish and prawns to the saucepan. Cover, and cook gently for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make flavoured mayo, chop the basil leaves finely, add the minced garlic and mix with the mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve the stew in bowls with a dollop of the basil aioli on top.
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!
Not suitable for people with a celery allergy.