Serves: 2 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
Texture, taste and so simple to make! Bite through the crunchy peppers and enjoy the Mexican spices of the minced meat. Serve with a salad on the side and you have a perfect, healthy Summer’s dish.
From Your Shopping List
- 250g minced beef
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ packet taco spice mix
- 2 bell peppers, halved (cut through the stems) and deseeded
- ½ lime (optional)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 3 tbsps hot water
- Heat a frying pan to a medium heat, add a little oil and brown the beef.
- Remove from the pan, add a little oil and fry the onions gently until they start to turn golden and are soft.
- Add the garlic to the pan, cook gently for a minute and then add the minced beef back to the pan.
- Stir and add the taco spice mix and 3 tablespoons of hot water, and stir, following the instructions on the packet.
- Preheat the BBQ to a medium heat, and lightly oil the grill.
- Cook the peppers, facing downwards for 8-10 minutes until charred and starting to soften.
Remove from the heat, fill
with the Mexican mince and return to the BBQ to cook for a further 8-10 minutes
until the pepper is cooked through
If BBQ is not an option, the stuffed peppers can be cooked in an oven preheated to 200C for 30 minutes. There is no need to pre-cook the peppers as they will cook in the oven.
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!