Serves: 2 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
A delicious, vegetarian, Korean-style cuisine that is sure to impress everyone at the dinner table. A perfect, tasty match for yearning, hungry palates!
From Your Shopping List
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 300g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 600g cooked rice
- 4 eggs
- 100g bean sprouts
- 4 radishes, coarsely grated
- 2 small carrots, coarsely grated
- Hot chili sauce for serving: Gochujang, Sriracha, or Tabasco.
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- Soy sauce to taste
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the sesame seeds to the dry pan, stirring continuously until they are golden and toasted, about 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp vegetable oil to the pan, and cook half the mushrooms for about 5 minutes, until brown. Remove to a plate, and cook the remainder of the mushrooms in the same way.
- Add 1 tbsp vegetable oil to the pan and cook the garlic for just a few seconds, then add the spinach and cook for about 2 minutes, until wilted and heated through.
- Fry the eggs to your taste.
- Make mounds of the rice in the centre of each bowl, and top each with a fried egg. Place the mushrooms, spinach, bean sprouts, grated radish, and grated carrot in separate piles surrounding each mound of rice and egg. Sprinkle over the toasted sesame seeds and allow people to add hot sauce and soy sauce to their own taste.
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!