Serves: 2 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
If you’re looking for a veggie option with a serious twist, this is the dish for you. Fresh and packed with an array of flavours, your taste buds are in for a serious treat!
From Your Shopping List
- 4 aubergines, cut lengthways into 1cm slices
- 400g Greek or natural yoghurt
- 1 level tsp cumin
- ½ level tsp coriander
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- 50g shelled pistachio nuts, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- In a bowl, mix the yoghurt, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, mint and parsley together to make the dressing. Add 1 tablespoon of water so that it’s not too thick.
- Preheat the BBQ for a medium heat, and lightly oil the grill.
- Sprinkle each slice of aubergine with a little salt and arrange on the BBQ carefully.
- BBQ the aubergines for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway. They are ready when the slices are a deep golden colour and begin to char.
- Place the aubergine slices on a large platter and allow to cool to room temperature. Spread the yogurt mixture evenly over the aubergines, cover with foil, and leave at room temperature for at least an hour.
- When ready to serve, drizzle over a tablespoon of olive oil, and scatter the pomegranate seeds and chopped pistachio nuts on top.
If BBQ is not an option, the aubergines can be cooked on a griddle pan or hot frying pan, or under an oven grill following the same method.
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!
suitable for anyone with a nut allergy.