Serves: 2 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
So simple to make, and even easier to eat. This light and fluffy Greek omelette will make you feel like you’re dining in the Mediterranean tonight.
From Your Shopping List
- 8 large eggs
- 250g feta cheese, crumbled
- 16 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Handful pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- Olive oil
- Heat the grill to high, about 250C.
- Whisk eggs together in a bowl, add the oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- For the omelette filling, mix the feta, tomatoes, olives, salt and black pepper together gently.
- Heat the oven grill to high.
- Heat a large 25cm, non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add a little olive oil to the pan, allow to heat up until it is just about to smoke, and pour on the egg mixture.
- Using a spatula, push the eggs that have set at the edge towards the middle of the pan, tilt the pan and allow some of the uncooked egg mixture to run out to the edge of the pan. Do this gently a few times until the omelette is half cooked, about 1 minute. There should be plenty of uncooked liquid.
- Spoon the tomato and feta mixture over the omelette and cook under the grill for about 5 minutes they start to turn golden.
- Cut into 4 wedges and serve straight from the pan.
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!