Serves: 2 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
Perfect for a busy week, this quick and tasty pasta dish will leave you wondering why you don’t cook more often!
From Your Shopping List
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 200g frozen peas
- 160g dried penne, fusilli or spaghetti
- 100ml cream
- 50g grated Parmesan or Cheddar (optional)
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil for frying
- ½ tsp dried mint (optional)
- Salt and black pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan, add the onion, and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water with a teaspoon of salt to the boil.
- Add the frozen peas and dried mint (if using) to the boiling water, and cook according to the instructions on the packet.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the peas to a large bowl.
- Bring the water back up to the boil and add the pasta, ensuring that it is all covered in water.
- Cook according to the instructions on the packet.
- While the pasta is cooking add the onions to the peas, followed by the grated cheese if desired. Add the cream, and, if using, the lemon juice and half the lemon zest. Smash the peas gently using a potato masher or a fork.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking water. .
- Taste the pea sauce and add some of the reserved cooking water if it’s too dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and additional lemon zest if wanted.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, toss it to incorporate the sauce evenly. Divide between two plates and top with additional grated Parmesan or Cheddar if desired.
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!