Serves: 2 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
This rustic Chickpea dish is the perfect go-to for a light and comforting meal. Ideal for bored palettes, this delicious dish offers a fun way to excite your taste-buds.
From Your Shopping List
- ½ head of a small cabbage
- 6 bacon rashers, rinds removed, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 chilli, seeded and chopped (optional)
- ½ chicken stock cube
- 200g frozen vegetables
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas or butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200ml boiling water
- Salt and black pepper
- Cut cabbage in half, removing tough white core. Slice the leaves into thin shreds and wash well.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the strips of bacon. Cook until medium / well done.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and cook at a medium heat for 5 minutes until golden. Add the minced garlic and chili (optional) and cook for 1 minute.
- Dissolve the stock cube in the boiling water, add to the saucepan and stir.
- Add the cabbage and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, then add the vegetables and cook for the time indicated on the pack.
- Add the bacon back to the pot with the tomatoes and chickpeas, season with salt and pepper, and bring back up to the boil to ensure it’s piping hot. Serve in a deep soup bowl.
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!