Serves: 2 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
Feel right at home with this wholesome, one-pot pie. Its tender chicken and vegetable filling, slow-cooked in gravy and topped with crispy potatoes, will have you begging for seconds!
From Your Shopping List
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 small chicken breasts, cut into 2cm cubes
- 200g mixed frozen vegetables
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced into discs
- 100g grated Parmesan or Cheddar (optional)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 chicken or vegetable stock cube
- 2 level tbsp cornflour or gravy granules
- 300ml boiling water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A few knobs of butter
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
- Heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in a medium sized saucepan, add the onion and cook at a medium heat for 5 minutes until starting to turn golden.
- Then add the minced garlic and the cubes of chicken and cook until the chicken is starting to turn golden at the edges.
- Add the frozen vegetables to the pot.
- If using cornflour, mix it with a tablespoon of cold water in a cup.
- Dissolve the stock cube in 300ml of boiling water, add to the saucepan, and bring back up to the boil. Add the cornflour mixture if using, or the gravy granules, and stir to ensure there are no lumps as it thickens. Remove from the heat, and add ¾ of the grated cheese if using.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into a pie dish and arrange the discs of potatoes on top.
- Grind a bit of salt and pepper on top, and dot with small knobs of butter.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes until the potatoes are starting to turn golden. Then scatter the cheese (if using on top) and cooked for another 10 minutes until golden.
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!
Allergen info: Vegetable stock and mixed frozen vegetables may contain celery, if so, not suitable for someone with a celery allergy.