Serves: 2 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
Chicken tacos are always a people pleaser, especially when they’re this simple to make. A mini mid-week fiesta for two!
From Your Shopping List
- ½ red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- ¼ packet taco spice mix
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Handful iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded
- 4 taco shells
- 20g white cheddar to garnish (optional)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- Put the chopped red onion into a small bowl with the lemon juice, a pinch of sugar and a pinch of salt and allow to marinate.
- Put chicken breast into a saucepan, cover with water, bring to the boil and gently simmer for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked right through.
- Transfer to a bowl, cool, and shred the chicken using 2 forks.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onions and cook at a medium heat for 5 minutes until starting to turn golden.
- Add taco sauce and cook for another minute.
- Add the shredded chicken to the pan, and warm through.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the red onions.
- Put the shredded lettuce into the taco shells, followed by the chicken mixture and top with the red onions and tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese (optional).
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!