Serves: 2 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
Quick and minimal. This one-pan wonder brings delicious food with plenty of time to savour, and no pile-up of dishes!
From Your Shopping List
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 small chicken breasts, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ vegetable stock cube
- 200g frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 packets quick cook Pilau rice
- 1 lemon (optional)
- 100ml boiling water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- Salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onions and cook at a medium heat for 5 minutes until slightly golden.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan and allow to brown on all sides.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Dissolve ½ a stock cube in 100ml boiling water and add to the pan.
- Add the frozen vegetables to the pan, bring up to the boil and cook for the length of time indicated on the pack.
- Add the rice to the pan, stir well and refer to cooking time instructed on pack. Add a squeeze of lemon juice (optional).
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!