Serves: 2 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
This simple-to-make Italian classic is always a fan favourite. A taste of Little Italy straight from your kitchen. Buon Appetito!
From Your Shopping List
- 2 chicken fillets, approx. 350g, cut into bitesize chunks
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 150g penne or similar dried pasta
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 level tsps chilli powder
- Salt and black pepper
- Heat half the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the garlic, and sauté for a minute. Sprinkle in 1 level teaspoon of chilli powder, and sauté for another minute. Add the tinned tomatoes and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the penne, and cook according to the pack instructions. Drain.
- While the pasta and sauce is cooking, toss the chicken pieces in the remainder of the chilli powder and a little bit of salt. Add the rest of the olive oil to a frying pan and when hot, add the chicken pieces and sauté until golden. Turn the heat down to finish cooking the chicken.
- Add the penne and the chicken pieces to the sauce and check for seasoning, then serve.
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!