Serves: 2 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
A delicate way to cook fish which preserves its flavour and adds another dimension with the Asian kick of ginger and spring onion.
From Your Shopping List
- 450g cod, sea bass or brill, bones removed
- 2cm thumb of fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Fresh coriander & chili to garnish (optional)
- Pat the fish gently with kitchen paper and sprinkle over a little salt on each side.
- Put the fish on a heatproof plate that will fit into your steamer or on the rack in your wok. Scatter over the ginger.
- Put the lid on the steamer or the wok and steam the fish until it is cooked, about 12-14 minutes for cod, or a little less for a flatter fish. The fish will be opaque and starting to flake.
- Remove from the steamer, and pour off any liquid on the plate.
- Mix the soy sauce and sesame oil together.
- Scatter the spring onions on top of the fish and pour over the soy sauce mixture. Garnish with coriander & chilli (if using) and divide into portions to serve.
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!
suitable for people with a soy or fish allergy.