- Use a knife to cut a circle around the top of each pepper. This circle will be used as the ‘lid’.
- Pull the stem to remove the seeds from the pepper, and use a knife to remove any remaining seed lining from the centre of the pepper. Cut the seeds and lining from 'lid', leaving just the stem and circle of pepper.
- Cook the microwave rice according to pack instructions and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the tomato purée and grated Mozzarella, and mix until completely combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff each pepper with the rice mixture and replace the ‘lid’ of the pepper. Wrap completely in tinfoil.
- BBQ the peppers for approximately 20 minutes, turning regularly to expose every side to heat.
- Carefully unwrap the peppers and serve.
If BBQ is not an option, tinfoil-wrapped peppers can be cooked in the oven on a medium heat following the same method.