- Use a fork to mash together the butter, herbs, garlic and pepper.
- Smear each steak on both sides with the butter mixture, saving around a quarter of the butter.
- BBQ the steaks on each side; 2½ -3 minutes for rare, 4-5 minutes for medium, 5½ -7 minutes for well done.
- Remove steaks from the BBQ and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve each steak topped with a dollop of the remaining herb butter.
If BBQ is not an option, steaks can be cooked in a well-oiled pan on a high heat following the same method.