Serves: 2 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
From Your Shopping List
- 1.2 ltr chicken stock
- 1 x large onion peeled and diced
- 175g mushrooms sliced
- 50g bacon lardons
- 1 x celery stick diced
- 75g frozen garden peas
- 450g Arborio rice
- 200ml white wine
- 75g Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- 1 x knob of butter
- Pour the stock into a pot and heat gently.
- Place the bacon lardons in a pan and cook for 5 minutes until golden brown. Add the diced onion and celery to the pan and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Stir in the Arborio rice and sliced mushrooms, stir continually to glaze the rice without adding any colour and to slightly soften the mushrooms.
- Add the white wine and cook it off completely. Then add the stock a ladle at a time, stirring until it has completely been absorbed by the rice. This should take approximately 20 – 25 minutes.
- Add the garden peas and continue to cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add a knob of butter. Finely grate the parmesan cheese and add to the pan. Cover with a lid and cook for a further 2 minutes until there is a creamy texture to the mixture.
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!